Bordeaux SL 2017 - INTRODUCTION
>>> BORDEAUX SL <<< QUINTESSENTIAL BORDEAUX
The Super Luxury Harvest Tour: 10 day total immersion: September 19, 2017 – September 28, 2017
During this tour we will certainly hit harvest time. This is luxury in itself since many châteaux will stop receiving guests during the harvest. To travel through the Bordeaux wine regions at harvest time will allow us to closely watch the intense work and diligence necessary to get the perfect juice for the wine, and to get up front impressions on the new vintage. This tour is luxury pure: staying at exquisite hotels, and resorts; spending a night in a breathtakingly beautiful château to feel what it means to live in the Médoc; tasting world-class wines; getting a look behind the scenes of world-famous Bordeaux Châteaux; eating at 1 and 2 Michelin starred restaurants; be invited to the private tables at world-famous châteaux. "Bordeaux" embodies world-class wines. Yes, that's true, but there is much more to "Bordeaux" than the casual visitor can grasp. It is the history, the culture, the geographic location between the Gironde estuary and the Atlantic ocean, and its wonderful people. We want to show you the "real" Bordeaux, and we will visit many of the hidden gems that other tours pass by, but which are essential to feel what Bordeaux is all about. In a nutshell: this is an on ground wine class on Bordeaux!
During this SUPER LUXURY Bordeaux tour
- We will stay at exquisite 5 star hotels and spas in Bordeaux City, Saint-Emilion, Martillac, an in Bages-Pauillac.
- We will spend an afternoon and a night including a private wine pairing dinner at one of the most beautiful and luxurious Châteaux in the Médoc: Pichon Longueville Baron
- We will travel to all important Bordeaux wine regions and will visit Châteaux in Saint-Emilion, Pomerol, Sauternes, Graves, Pessac-Léognan, Saint-Estèphe, Pauillac, Saint-Julien, Margaux.
- We will visit top Châteaux and put the focus on 1ière and 2ième Grand Cru Classé Châteaux.
- We will get intimate insights into the world of Bordeaux.
- We will meet owners / winemakers / mangers of world-famous Châteaux.
- We will explore the Bassin d’Arcachon off the Atlantic Ocean coast, and will visit an oyster farmer to learn what it entails to grow delicious oysters, and of course have an oyster tasting.
- We will visit a top-notch, family-run cooperage to witness the fascinating art of making a barrique barrel from A to Z, so important to the quality of the wine.
- We will visit a wine merchant to learn how the market for Bordeaux wines – La Place de Bordeaux- functions.
- We will experience French hospitality and culinary art at the highest level.
- We will have luncheons and dinners at 1 and 2 Michelin starred restaurants.
- We will have exquisite, Michelin-star equal gourmet wine pairing luncheons and dinners in an intimate setting at different Châteaux which we share with the proprietors and/or winemakers.
The Bordeaux region is a very exciting area with its long, fascinating history, beautiful, lonely, powder sand Atlantic beaches, the graceful, cool, vibrant capital city of Bordeaux, medieval towns like the UNESCO-World Heritage listed Saint-Emilion, and its glorious vine-ribboned countryside where some of the world’s best wines come from. Bordeaux is the second largest winegrowing area in the world with close to 300,000 acres under vine. To understand “Bordeaux” means to appreciate its unique geographical location and the importance of water: the rain from above, the Gulf stream of the Atlantic Ocean, and the protective influence of the Gironde estuary with the two rivers Garonne and Dordogne that form the Gironde. This and more we would like to make you understand on this trip. Conditions in the Bordeaux region create wines that are unique, beautifully interwoven with a solid body and integrated elegance on the palate. Bordeaux wines are copied around the world, but never achieve perfection elsewhere. We are sure that you will second this statement after the tour.
There are so many great producers with wonderful people at the helm that it is very difficult to choose which one to visit. We only selected top estates for you to taste the best wines Bordeaux has to offer.